Friday, April 3, 2009

The Sunshine in My Life

cc
cc
We all have hard days, and yesterday was one for me. It rained most of the morning, neither of the boys was feeling particularly well which made them cranky, Sadie ate something I had slaved over and I didn’t get in bed until almost midnight because I was working on a project.

Today, on the other hand, I awoke to beautiful blue skies. Both boys are back to their cheerful, smiling, easy going selves. Ben got a great morning nap in his crib (that never happens anymore) followed by some playtime in the backyard with friends. When the Michels Family left, the boys and I walked to Berryhill for lunch and sat on the patio. When we got back, no one wanted to go to bed so we played for a while in Sam’s room.

I continue to be amazed at how kind Sam is to his baby brother, Benjamin Scott (that's what he calls him). He REALLY wants him to play and rarely gets jealous when Ben snags a beloved toy.

Yes, I may sound sappy. But after the day we had yesterday…I’m glad to know we can rebound to an amazing and wonderful day.

No comments: